[Linux-Anyway] Re: On /home/user/mail

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:25:17 +0100

Sun, 1 Jul 2018 13:04:44 -0700 (PDT) scripsit Meph Istopheles:

>   Heh.  Was I supposed to touch the file mail/mbox, which is what
> I'd done, or not?  The mail's still in /var/spool/mail/meph after
> adding the line, logging out & back in.

Maybe, but is fresh mail coming into the new location? Setting the MAIL
variable won't make mail which has already been sucked up jump to the new
location.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)