[Linux-Anyway] Re: On hdb

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:07:45 +0100

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:43:46 -0800 (PST)
Meph wrote:

>   It's not that I really need that drive to be vfat, after all.
> But I was thinking that it would be useful by moving it back &
> forth between this & the Windows box if needed.

As long I had Windows, I had a FAT partition, precisely for the purpose
of accessing the same files from both OS's. It's the simplest and in my
opinion the best solution. I'd keep it FAT if I were you, I'd stop
worrying about permissions and save myself the trouble of migrating the
files.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui