[Linux-Anyway] Re: A W98 question....

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 18:30:19 +0200

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:27:06 -0700, "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>   Say I'm doing something in one IE window (or any app) & some
> process (loading of a Web page, copy or move files, etc)
> completes.  When it either starts or stops, that window takes the
> focus, & the damn thing insists on going to the top of any other
> window.

I think you'll find that's hard-coded into W98's pathetic excuse of a
window manager. I know that W2000 doesn't do that - the button flashes
in the taskbar alerting you to the fact that something's going on but
without screwing up your current task.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx

Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.