[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: stable version of liblouis query

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:14:58 +1000

On 31/01/2012 7:33 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
I am in fact thinking of releasing liblouis 2.4.0, which has
considerable code changes.
Any idea when this might happen?

If you want to avoid quality assurance
testing you could just grab the tables subdirectory from the repository.
We could do this, though this means we'd essentially be using a custom distribution of liblouis, so anyone building from source would have to be aware of this. I guess this is okay if you're against a 2.3.1.

On the other hand, liblouis 2.4.0 will have a tested README.windows and
a windows subdirectory which make it very easy to build a dll using a
Microsoft compiler or the command line in Visual Studio.
NVDA now builds liblouis itself using SCons. This unifies our build process, uses liblouis.h.in rather than relying on a separate copy of liblouis.h which might get outdated, builds the Python bindings and installs everything into the correct places, all without user intervention.

Thanks,

Jamie

--
James Teh