[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouisutdml on Fedora

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:53:10 +0100

Sorry if this seems basic but its always worth doing the basic checks.

If you installed libxml2 or liblouis from RPM packages did you also install the associated dev or devel packages for the libxml2 or liblouis headers?

Michael Whapples
On 16/06/2014 13:43, Brandon Roller wrote:
I don't think setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH is appropriate. The output of configure shows that pkg-config is found. The output contains the following lines:
"checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0...yes
checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... no" It also states that I may need to set environment variables BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS an BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS. Does setting those do anything? What should they point towards?

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    This is the error that keeps bugging Mac users also. On Linux it is
    possible that pkg-config is not installed. If it is, You need to set
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH . If you used the defaults for liblouis try

    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

    Check to make sure that liblouis.pc is in this location. I'm not sure
    about libxml2 . It is usually installed by default on Linux.

    Good luck,
    John

    On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 09:00:38PM -0400, Brandon Roller wrote:
    > I am trying to set up liblouisutdml on a laptop running Fedora
    20.  I get
    > the following message when running configure:
    > configure: error: Package requirements (liblouis >= 2.5.1,
    libxml-2.0) were
    > not met:
    > No package 'liblouis' found
    > No package 'libxml-2.0' found
    >
    > Any idea what I is wrong?  I know both liblouis and libxm2 are
    installed.