[liblouis-liblouisxml] liblouisutdml documentation

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:15:45 +0100

As John has commented, it appears that nobody is updating the documentation in liblouisutdml.

There are whole features undocumented (eg. the macros feature, assigning a style without a semantic action, etc). Also there are probably things which need better explanations.

So we need to ask the question why is the documentation not being updated and what can be done to improve the situation?

Speaking for myself, the use of texinfo is a roadblock for me to update it, and also at the moment there are too many unknowns in the workings of liblouisutdml for me sometimes to clarify things which are not clear in the documentation (looking at the source code sometimes does not even help, it possibly confuses it even more and one cannot be sure whether the actual working of the code is the intended behaviour when the code is the only reference).

What is the case for others involved in liblouisutdml (either simply using it or may be developing it) as to why they do not update the documentation?

Do we have a simple lack of people?

Michael Whapples