[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: accessing graphics mode on a Juliet Pro 60?

  • From: Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:42:03 -0800

Tell them you are a software vendor who would like to include the functionality
in your product.

Greg

On Dec 14, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Rich Morin <rdm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dec 14, 2015, at 01:39, Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can't help you. I have a user manual for the Juliet Pro 60 but it
has no technical information about graphics mode.

Yep; I have the manual, too. It says:

Braille graphics are made using special software packages.
For more information on producing tactile graphics using your
embosser, contact your Enabling Technologies representative.

For most embossers I've had to contact the manufacturers directly
in order to get hold of technical specifications.

I've exchanged several emails with a support representative at ET.
Their attitude seems to be that if I want to do anything with the
device, I should contact a proprietary software vendor. Sigh.

-r

--
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm Rich Morin rdm@xxxxxxxx
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume San Bruno, CA, USA +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation

project pages go to http://liblouis.org

project pages go to http://liblouis.org