[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: accessing graphics mode on a Juliet Pro 60?

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 10:39:46 +0100

Can't help you. I have a user manual for the Juliet Pro 60 but it has no
technical information about graphics mode.

For most embossers I've had to contact the manufacturers directly in order to
get hold of technical specifications.

Rich Morin writes:

It's my impression that the Juliet Pro 60 has a graphics mode which can
be used to emboss low-resolution images. However, I've been unable to
find any documentation on the character codes (or whatever) this uses.

It seems like there should be a way to send the JP60 a series of bits,
representing a raster line of dots. If I could do this, it should be
pretty trivial to generate the needed raster lines from an input image.

Does anyone here have a clue to offer?

-r
project pages go to http://liblouis.org