[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: See if this Mac version of BrailleBlaster works.

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 20:58:57 -0500

Greg,

Thanks for testing. BrailleBlaster-1.1.0 is still a very early release.
The Open, SaveAs and Translate menu items work. I have a report that the
EmbosNow! crashes on the Mac. it works on Windows. The translate
subbcommand will handle xml, text and html files. See the section on
file2brl in the liblouisutdml documentation in the helpDocs
subdirectory. BrailleBlaster does not call a program called
file2braille. It emulates it internally.

The error you got was due to the fact that you had not opened a file.
The next version of BrailleBlaster will check for this.

I would like to suggest that you unsubscribe from liblouis and subscribe
to the BrailleBlaster list. That will be a much better forum for your
feedback. The home page of http://www.abilitiessoft.com has links to web
pages where you can unsubscribe and subscribe.