[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New Releases of liblouis and liblouisutdml next week

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:43:37 +0200

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The new release of liblouis will be made on Thursday in case anyone
> has changes.

I don't know if we should release. The change in lou_translateString.c
is quite severe. I'm worried that there were some genuine bug fixes that
are rolled back.

Many changes are cosmetic, but others seem significant. For example
there were two places where the code checked for (mode & ucBrl) and
assigned something different to outbuf. There is another place where an
if expression contained an additional (typebuf[src] & capsemph) == 0.
Then there is the change with syllableMarker:

syllableMarker++;
if (syllableMarker > 3)
  syllableMarker = 1;
currentMark = syllableMarker << 6;
/*The syllable marker is bita 6 and 7 of typebuf. */

And finally a small change in an if to do with Unicode braille (!(dots &
B16)).

Can we dispose of all these changes?

Viel Neues fuer Hoerspiel-Fans: Eine aktuelle Uebersicht des Angebots bei der
SBS finden Sie unter http://www.sbs.ch/hoerspiele .