[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New Releases

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:06:26 -0600

Christian,

With liblouisxml and liblouisutdml you can define another directory as
containing tables and files. You just give it as the path to your
configuration file.

Personally, I think environment variables are not a good idea. In any
case, it would not work well with BrailleBlaster. The new
lou_setDataPath enables the program itself to tell the libraries where
the liblouis/tables and libluisutdml/lbu_files directories are located.

The nodes for the new functions are currently defined as just comments.
They need to be tied in with the other nodes and put in the indexes,
etc. I understand that this can be done easily with emacs. Just look for
the comment indicator @c

The C part of the Java bindings is indeed included in the tarball and is
linked in as part of the library. However, the Java part is not. It is
in a subdirectory of the java directory called src/org/liblouis I put
Makefile.am's in the src, org and liblouis directories, but they aren't
registering with autotools.

I think that configure.ac should be modified to check for a Java
compiler and only build the Java bindings if one is found on the system.