[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New Releases

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:09:03 +0100

Hi John

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> liblouis-2.2.0.tar.gz and liblouisutdml-1.6.0.tar.gz are now on the
> downloads page of http://www.abilitiessoft.com

Thanks for doing a new release!

> They make the libraries completely relocatable, even on Linux. Look in
> the documentation in the tarball for lou_setDataPath and
> lou_getDataPath.

I looked at the change in svn. It appears that you can programmatically
set the path to the tables. I don't quite understand this, as I thought
you were able to do that before with the environment variable
LOUIS_TABLEPATH?

What I wanted for a long time (end even had a try at implementing) was
to have an env variable that would let you define a list of paths for
tables. That way you could have your own local tables somewhere and the
"system" tables someplace else. You could then for example define
LOUIS_TABLEPATH="/path/to/local/tables:/path/to/system/tables".

> The documentation does need to be put in the right format. I'm not
> sure I can do this.

What is it that needs to be done with the documentation? How can I help?

> There are Java bindings, but I have to figure out how to get autotools
> to include them in the tarball.

What are you trying to do? From looking at the source it appears that
you are including the bindings in the tarball, but you are not building
them. There is some minimal support in automake for compiling java
files. Look at
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Java.html#Java.
Maybe I could help but I'm quite busy for the next two weeks.

Jetzt kostenlos eidgenoessische und kantonale Abstimmungsunterlagen
aus 17 Kantonen zum Hoeren auf CD abonnieren: medienverlag@xxxxxx