[leveller] Question for Ray?

  • From: "Bob Rasmussen" <bobrass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:22:01 -0400

Good Morning, Ray...

I am working on a project that requires submitting a 3D object to a CNC shop.

I am developing prototype professional pitching horseshoes.  Currently, I am
submitting a pattern to the caster made of Beechwood.  I have access to a
CNC shop capable of cutting the shape and conforming to the requirements
of the casting shop.  However, I need to output to some package capable
of G-Code output. My CNC shop presently utilizes MeshLab.

I am still running Leveller 1.4 and am considering upgrading/changing to the current version of Leveller. I want to be able to export to some 3D package that allows me to finalize the output from Leveller. So, am needing a list of the 3D software that best handles
Leveller output.  I am presently working with Googles SketchUp and Blender.
Any recommendation will be appreciated.

Regards...Bob Rasmussen (see testimonial 1999)