[lektrik_flyers] Re: Friday flying results

  • From: Chris Evans <cevans@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 19:42:29 -0500

I'm going to try. It probably won't be real early though maybe 8:45 or 9ish

On Jun 28, 2013, at 7:41 PM, "Don Hood"

Probably not. You going?

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 07:41:09 -0700
From: jcooper888@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jcooper888@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lektrik_flyers] Re: Friday flying results
To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Bill for you comment about the loss of my glider. I also had failed to
put my phone number on the glider. An unforgiveable error in a walk around for
a first flight. However, it was the second ever flight. I would like to claim
an electronic or mechanical mal-function, but it was all pilot error without
any report from NTSB. It was only my second flight and was not enough time to
get the "feel" of the aircraft.  I was going for a long approach to the landing
and actually got it too far downwind. It was way overpowered which made it very
difficult to fly at full throttle.  I hope I learned something.  It NOT ONLY
hurts to loose a potentially good flying glider, your pocket book, AND your
lack of skill to fly and an embarrassment to you pride.  We tease Jim Higgins
about his strict rules about flying in high winds and this is one time I SHOULD
 have reconsidered,  Most losses are due to several mistakes so Mr. Wind was
not the only problem.  I am looking forward to another day of soaring, fun and
fellowship with Lektrik Flyers.  Most lost models do have a way of showing up
down the road.  I do wonder sometimes why an old fart like me is still playing
with toys.  :-)As one of my good friends from Mexico told me to say to the
glider "hasta la vista".