[lektrik_flyers] Friday flying results

  • From: Bill Beavers <bill.beavers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 07:41:48 -0500

We started out having a grand day of flying Friday.  Coop, Higgins, Goose
and myself all got some flying in and conditions early were superb.  Things
went south however after a couple of hours when Coop's 2 meter glider got
downwind from him and was lost in the wooded area to the North of our
flying area. It was in a heavy wooded area so there is little chance of
walking it out at least during the summer to find it, and in all likelihood
is lost until winter.  It is times like that I wish I had a plane like
Herbert has so that I could fly over the area and see if I could spot it
from the air.  I approximate that it is between 100 or 200 yards beyond the
tree line from the edge of our flying area.  We tried to find roads that
might lead us into the area, but no joy.  This was a glider that John has
had for 10 plus years that he got when he started getting back into R/C and
I was just getting into it.  It is a nice balsa and fiberglass body bird
and although it had a horrible maiden flight way back then, it flew like it
owned the sky yesterday.  Unfortunately the Earth also has something to say
about who owns what and it reclaimed the plane (at least for now).  About
the only hope right now is maybe wait until winter when the leaves come
off, and see if we can get permission to walk out there and see what big o
tree that thing is resting in.

It was a DEFINITE BUMMER, and we all hate things like that to happen to any
flyer, but if there is any silver lining when stuff like this happens it is
that we sure do enjoy the hobby none the less and hanging out with one
another.

Until we fly again...

--

Bill Beavers