[LRFlex] a free, public gallery for your photos...

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:22:49 -0800

For your information:

When Elliot recently asked Xavier:

By the way. do you have your own web site, or do you post your pictures to a "free site" to which others may post?

I felt compelled to answer.

A lot of people have been looking for a free place to post their photos. Patrick Kelly, the gentleman who runs the Leica Gallery and the Rollie Gallery has promised us a Lrflex gallery of our own. It would have all the needed software and be free to all.

I nudge him, every now and again, and he keeps telling me it will be 'soon'. In late November, he said he'd try to have it up and running in 7 days. So far, nothing.

Because it is free, I am loathe to harass him... though I do keep gently reminding him.

For those looking for a public gallery and who do not want to bother creating their own website, please be patient. I do believe that it will happen... and in our lifetime! ;-)

Best regards,

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm