[LRflex] Re: Was OT-Micro 4/3rds.... NOW - Happy Landings.

  • From: Zach Z <zzaletel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:13:46 -0800

David -

Alaskans do still like to think of themselves as (and generally are) a bit
removed, with the 'Lower 48' being the common reference to the rest of the
US, and yes, outside, in general being used.  It's just a long ways away
from most of the rest of the country.. and even across the state (as wide as
continental US from the tip of the Aleutians to the furthest east point in
SE Alaska, and similar distance from Boston, MA to Miami, FL in terms of
northernmost to southernmost communities).

The reconstruction effort was on track to have homes built (framed, walled
and roofed and utilitied, but by no means finished) for those who lost them
by the end of August thanks to help from a number of individual volunteers
and a couple of volunteer organizations (Samaritans Purse & Mennonite
Disaster Service).  As an added complication, the road to Eagle will be
closing for the winter in about three weeks, so time is of the essence.  For
more info, see here:  http://www.eaglecity.org/

Zach