[LRflex] Re: Was OT-Micro 4/3rds.... NOW - Happy Landings.

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:23:06 -0400

Zach Z wrote:
For what it's worth - Eagle suffered quite a bit of damage this past May during the ice breakup on the Yukon River.  A number of homes were destroyed, as well as most of the waterfront buildings in the historic 'downtown' district.  My wife and I visited to help with the rebuild effort for a few days in August.  Didn't take either of the Leicas with, but do have a small photo collection showing some of the damage and the community in general -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachz/sets/72157621956704921/

Cheers,
Zach
Anchorage, Alaska
Zach,
   Bloody hell what a mess.  Good on you helping rebuild.
I hadn't heard about the damage.
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein