[LRflex] Today's Outing...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:43:22 -0700

Had to take a load of garden waste, etc., to the dump today.  On the
way back, we decided to pop over to Tunkwa Lake (about 15km away from
town) to see if the Sand Hill Cranes have arrived on their annual
migration.  They haven't.

We saw (but could not photograph) a gorgeous Golden Eagle (quite rare
in these parts, whereas the American Bald Eagles are common like dirt).

What was within range, was a Killdeer.  I didn't have the monopod
with me, so I took a few, only to find several were spoiled by
motion.  However, this one seemed OK.

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/killdeer.htm

Comments appreciated... criticism grudgingly accepted, as always! ;-)

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt

Limited Edition Prints at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm