[LRflex] The Elmar 180mm f4.0

  • From: "j. white" <jwhite123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:45:29 -0800

Happy New Year to All!

I¹ve been lurking here for several months after getting hooked by the R
system. I currently shoot an R6 with the 35mm f2.8, 50mm f2.0, 80mm f1.4
(perhaps THE reason to own an R body!), and 135mm f2.8 lenses.

I¹ve been enjoying the 135mm very much and have recently found an Elmar
180mm f4.0 lens at an attractive price. I¹ve looked online and have had a
difficult time finding much information about it at all. Does anyone here
have experience with this lens? Any pro or cons I should be aware of? Any
praise or insults to hurl in its general direction?

All input is much appreciated.

-J. White
San Francisco, CA