[LRFlex] Re: Still more Adventures at 32 Below!

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:03:42 EST

Guy's,

After fooling sround with flat-bed scanners and getting mediocre results at
best, I've found a "CHEAP" alternative. The Nikon ES-E28 slide/negative copy
attachment for my coolpix 995 & 5000 cameras!!

This thing attaches on to the front threads of my 995 directly & on the 5000
w/ an adapter. You set the menu for slide copy attachment / lens and then
choose either positive (slide), or negative, and the camera seta a baseline
macro-focus and exposure compensation automatically. You can either point the
diffuser at the outdoor sun, or do as I do, and set it directly face down on a
mini
lightbox (5000K). I usually do copies in either UXGA (jpeg), fine quality,
(approximately a 4mb file), or full tiff mode, 11mb file. great quality and you
can crop and color correct in-camera!. All for under a hundred bucks!!

The only gripe that I have with Leica & Nikon is, that the nikon lens adapter
for the coolpix 5000 to use the slide copier is about 1mm too small to fit on
my digilux1!!!. Looks like I'll have to get the unimat out again!!

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx