[LRFlex] The Eagle has landed...

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:11:16 -0800

All:

After some fiddling with my inexpensive flat-bed scanner, I've managed some success.

Please note: the 'snow' you see in the photo is NOT digital 'noise'.

It's snow! Temp was a balmy -12C and it was snowing lightly.

www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr and click on 'pheatured photo'.

Techie stuff: R8 with 400/f6.8 Telyt and 2x converter at f8 (really f16) about 1/125th of a second. Hand held, with the aid of the shoulder stock. Take Dec. 29th, just south of Logan Lake, B.C., on Kodak HD-400 negative film. Scanned from a 4x6" print, so some detail is lost. Sorry!

True confessions: There were two or three stubs of branches on the right, which I felt disturbed the composition. So, in PS, I removed them! In my mind, no different than dodging them out in a silver print. Everything else is as photographed, with the exception of a tiny bit tweaking in Focus Magic to make the scan as sharp as the original print... or at least, close. :-)

As always, comments welcomed, criticism grudgingly accepted. ;-)

Thanks for looking.

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm