[LRflex] Re: R-to-EOS adapter with focus confirmation

  • From: keith.r.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:39:50 +0000

Hi Eric,

I think you may have to 'bodge' the 5D into believing it is an AF lens -
there are a few sites on the web showing you how to either modify the ada=
pter
or for the less techical to jam a piece of card into the camera to 'push
the switch'.

The newer/ consumer cameras(like the 400D I have and the 350D before it)
don't seem have this switch. I now have two adaptors (one from Singapore
seems better made and exposes correctly with the built in flash on my 400=
D.).
The results on the 5D should be better - keep trying because I think the
use of R lenes on the Canon bodies won't disappoint.

Best regards
Keith