[LRflex] Re: New Orleans Sight

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:39:19 +0100

Nice picture Bill,
Art Nouveau is the style, some are left, you can come again (wink)
lovely tones too

But what on earth were you and Mrs Bill doing there? ... right on the way to Pigalle?!!

(tongue in cheek)
Philippe - who was there with David & Xavier since ...

Le 9 déc. 09 à 22:22, William B. Abbott III a écrit :

Aram,

Your New Orleans bench picture evokes for me, ever so faintly, the iron work of original Metropolitain subway stations in Paris, of which a very few have been preserved.

Here's a scan of a print of a picture of one of those stations, with my wife Marian standing by, that I made in 1996, definitely with an R4, almost surely with a VE 35-70mm, and using some un-remembered film type, which I could discover by fishing around for the negative, but I won't, because it doesn't matter.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/wbabbott3/metro/Original-Paris-Metro-station.jpg.html

Thanks for a nice memory.

Best,

Bill

On Dec 9, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Aram Langhans wrote:

A bench in New Orleans proved an interesting sight.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/09aut/LA+Big+Easy-5304-Edit.jpg.html >
http://tinyurl.com/yf84gac

comments welcome
For those interested, Shot on Rebel XTi , processed in Lightroom, and an annoying element cloned out in Photoshop.

Aram