[LRflex] Re: New Orleans Sight

  • From: William B. Abbott III <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:22:55 -0800

Aram,

Your New Orleans bench picture evokes for me, ever so faintly, the iron work of original Metropolitain subway stations in Paris, of which a very few have been preserved.

Here's a scan of a print of a picture of one of those stations, with my wife Marian standing by, that I made in 1996, definitely with an R4, almost surely with a VE 35-70mm, and using some un-remembered film type, which I could discover by fishing around for the negative, but I won't, because it doesn't matter.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/wbabbott3/metro/Original-Paris-Metro-station.jpg.html

Thanks for a nice memory.

Best,

Bill

On Dec 9, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Aram Langhans wrote:

A bench in New Orleans proved an interesting sight.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/09aut/LA+Big+Easy-5304-Edit.jpg.html >
http://tinyurl.com/yf84gac

comments welcome
For those interested, Shot on Rebel XTi , processed in Lightroom, and an annoying element cloned out in Photoshop.

Aram