[LRflex] Re: Mirrorless info from Leica UK

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:47:06 -0400

On Aug 9, 2011, at 9:09 AM, H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Subject: [LRflex] Mirrorless info from Leica UK
>> From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 14:10:57 -0400
>>
>> From Leica Rumors.com
>> Another interesting comment was that “any future interchangeable
>> lens cameras from Leica would be compatible with M-mount lenses“.
>> Announcement will take place at Photokina 2012.
>>

> That doesn't sound to me like an "adequate" solution to a digital
> platform from Leica for R lenses. First, the sensor size is not full
> frame and second putting R lenses on an EVF camera via adapter likely
> means stop down metering - no auto diaphragm. If that is the case one
> might as well go with full frame Nikons (with a leitax mount change)
> or Canons via adaptors.
>
> Howard

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

And let me toss an Economics Argument on the fire:

If the camera carries a price in the vicinity of Forty Five Hundred American
Dollars - which is halfway between an X1 and an M9 - then Leica has just said
buy a small sensored lashed together piece o kit with non-slr handling and no
slr viewfinder -OR- slide over to B&H and get a FF real slr by Nikon or Canon
and still have a thousand dollars or more left to pickup a decent C or N lens
for the times when af comes in handy.

Richard