[LRflex] Re: Mirrorless info from Leica UK

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:42:06 +0200

Hello to All, I'll add my 0.02 Camembert to this news: from the site
summilux.net, I read that there are many M (5, 6, 7) users not willing to buy a
M9. But they have those lenses. Ricoh had a perfect Idea and now
Panasonic/Leica: a body for the M lenses. Last year at the Paris photo fair, I
had the chance to handle a Ricoh with interchange body/mount. It is well built,
sturdy. Unfortunately, it is not as famous as the other brands. Mind you: I
have a fast Transcend SD card that annouces itself as manufactured by Ricoh....
 But, for the R lenses, nothing will be presented. The solution exists already,
it's the 4/3.  The sensor is not that big and quite prone to noise in low
light, well, that's a reputation, it is not that bad. But for long Tele, it's
ideal: a simple 180/APO becomes a long long one.... A simple 50mm becomes a
perfect match for portraits. And to finish, I'll tell you that a mirrorless
camera is not that easy to use outdoors. FWIW Cheers

Xavier F. BILLE

Maisons-Alfort - France.