[LRflex] Re: Macro-Elmarit Adapter

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:01:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Leica listed a different tube for the 60's & 100's, I've found
> that both work equally well with the tube from the 60.

the primary differences between the 14198 (for 60) and the 100's tube (I forget
the catalog number) is the aperture ring and the 1st & 3rd cams.  The aperture
ring is marked f/2.8 to f/22 on the 60's tube and f/4 to f/22 on the 100's
tube.  In practical use the aperture rings are really relative apertures, i.e.,
"full aperture", "one stop down", "two stops down" etc. until the minimum
aperture in reached.  The first cam tells the Leicaflex Standard and SL2 what
the actual aperture is, or would be if not for the tube, and the 3rd cam
combines the function of the first cam (actual aperture for Those Who Want To
Know) with the function of the 2nd cam (relative aperture for the meter).

[blatent plug follows]

Taking advantage of the 'relative aperture' properties of these tubes, I've
been selling 3-cam versions of the 14198 tubes with custom modifications to
work with just about any lens, aside from those lenses that protrude too deep
into the mirror box.  ROM or no, 1- 2- or 3-cam or 3rd-cam, all lenses fit and
will meter accurately with the tube on any body except the Leicaflex Standard.

[/blatent plug]

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com