[LRflex] Re: Macro-Elmarit Adapter

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:14:54 EDT

I've always thought that the listed aperture was irrelevent on the tubes
since I had both tubes (eventually) and I found out that the 60 tube gave me
same readings as the 100 tube (meter wise). It's kind of like the flip the
aperture lug up on an F3/F4 Nikon to meter with a 500 reflex Nikkor lens, or
PB4/PB6 bellows & any lens. On Nikons, I believe that the meter "thinks" that
the lens is a f/5.6 no matter what, as long as the camera body is set-up for
stop-down metering. The body just adjusts the shutter speed for lighter or
darker f/5.6 apertures, at least in aperture-priority AE.