[LRflex] Re: IMG: Bald Eagle

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 07:47:32 -0800

At 12/27/2009, you wrote:
Yesterday at Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/baea02.html

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8 Telyt, moderate crop, twigs cloned out of UL corner. Heavy overcast light. Shutter speed was WAAAY too slow, I was using my truck as a blind & I wedged myself into an immovable position between the truck's passenger seat and the dashboard. Hand-held with shoulder stock. All comments welcome.

Doug Herr

G'mornin' Doug!

I know that position well !!! However, when I use it, it's usually -20 and snowing!

Too slow a shutter speed, or not, it is absolutely gorgeous!

So just what shutter speed was "too slow"?  (I'd have said it was perfect!)

Thanks, as always, for sharing!

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net