[LRflex] Re: IMG: A shot in the dark

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 01:42:13 +0200

Hi David,
lots of ideas for diffusing now - let's see if I can
find time to try them all out:-)

Being a scale modeller as well, the carpet monster is a
very familiar enemy, it always gets ravenous as soon as
you get out a craft knife or a pair of cutters to get
the tiniest (and usually most important bits) off the
sprues. The last thing you ever hear of the bits you
never found is the tinkle as they disappear into the
vacuum cleaner.:-(

I've been working on this one in 1/35 scale on and off
for almost five years now.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Miniatures__MG_3618_edited-1_copy.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Miniatures_Bedford_Portee.jpg.html

I think I managed to get the paintwork looking
realistic enough, but there's a lot more to do (like
brushing off the bits of dust and fluff:-) ) before
it's finished.

Best from all in Hannover
Douglas