[LRflex] Re: IMG: A shot in the dark

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Douglas Sharp" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 15:58:59 -0700

In a message dated 09/07/2011, Douglas Sharp said ...

> I just repaired the little pop-up flash (which
> wouldn't) on my Canon 20D after it had been stuck for
> months. It entails removing the entire hot shoe
> assembly and pressing down a little, pale bluish-green
> plastic pin underneath it - and I only dropped one of
> the tiny screws on the carpet (finding it again took
> longer than the "repair").

Dropping the screw is ALWAYS the problem! But congratulations on a repair!
Most would be too scared to tackle it, or anything like it!

Well done!

> A test shot taken in the garden in complete darkness.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/album150/_MG_2233-1.jpg.html

Now, as you know, Douglas, I'm not a fan of "twinkie lights" and much less
so of the direct flash variety.  That being said, your flower shot turned
out both well from a lighting standpoint, and the result is remarkably
dramatic.

Nicely done!
David.
--