[LRflex] Re: How to sell more M8s, well, sort of...

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:12:05 -0400 (EDT)

William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... I believe the DMR should be upgraded to applicable R10
>technology, especially the R10 electronic technology that can be
>implemented in the DMR.

Bill,

Your answer to my rather hurried response is quite reasonable.  I think the
upgrades as extensive as you've suggested would require a DMR.2

I agree that the M8 technology is probably not the most appropriate for the
(hypothetical) DMR.2 and that I'd like to see R10 technology in such a back.
My preference would be to keep the DMR's .DNG file fully 16 bits rather than
using the smaller file format the M8 uses.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com