[LRflex] Re: Friday Flowers SonC

  • From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:32:36 -0600

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2011, at 7:18 AM, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Another type camellia is blooming in my back garden; this one has
> hundreds
> > of flowers on two ten foot tall trees.  My neighbor can see it from her
> > kitchen windows, while I have no view of it from  my house.  Maybe I need
> > another window . . .
>
> Maybe you can buy the neighbors window and it install it.
> It seems to have the best view of your camellia, doesnt it?
> :-D
>
> Very nice image, btw.
> Great textures, good d.o.f. placement, and lovely bokeh.
> Kudos, sir.
> I do wonder if the image file is to dark, though.
> The lighter tones give up long before exiting the middling greys and I'm
> viewing it on my ipad with it's deliciously brilliant display.

Thanks for the comments,   I've looked at it on three monitors plus my
iPhone, and it is about where I want it.  If I opened more, the sky would
bloom, and I think the delicate texture of the petal surface might be lost.

I particulary like the the flower's pollen-laden sex organs, and I think
that lush look might be lost if the image as a whole were to be lightened.