[LRflex] Re: Dreary day in Berlin

  • From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:03:16 -0700

> Your fine shots remind me that I've not been in Germany since
> 1964!  Yikes...that's 40 years!  How can it be? I'm not that old... am I?
> No matter, they're good shots, all of 'em, and I thank you for sharing.
> David.
1964? Me, too! Right after high school I worked near Stuttgart and in
Bavaria for a year. Took lots of photos with my little Dacora 35mm that now
look WAY too ancient to have ever been taken by me! Walking across
Checkpoint Charlie in East Berlin was like The Wizard of OZ in reverse -
West Berlin was ablaze with lights and color; the East was an underexposed,
slightly animated, black and white print.

Gary T