[LRflex] An Oddball Query - for a good purpose

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: “lrflex“ <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:04:27 -0500

Hello Flexers,
   as I shared with the group recently, I had the good fortune to make friends
with a Sgt in the Marines and help him through some tough duty in a war zone.
As a symbol of gratitude he gave me both a Medallion of the Logo of the Unit he
serves in and a USMC Medallion. He says soldiers exchange them as a special way
of saying 'good job' or 'thank you'. They especially come in handy in bars he
says because soldiers will throw them on the table in a game to get out of
paying for drinks- best, largest, or obscure, win's if I understand what he
said properly. I felt quite honored by his gifts and treasure these medallions.
I am now wondering if I might come up with something to give him that
symbolizes the closest thing to a 'unit' I belong to: Leica Ownership. :-)

My Query:
Does anyone know of any 'Leica' related kitsch, promo, or memorabilia, out
there in the word I might acquire to give Sgt Mike in return?
Parameters:
Coin or Medallion Like, has some heft to it, easily pocketable, and conveys
'Leica' in a demonstrable way.
All metal or Lacquer on Base Metal is what comes to mind.
(The latter is how medallions he gave me are constructed.)

Any inputs or comments onlist or offlist would be most appreciated.
My ebay searches proved fruitless with any search terms I could think of and my
Google searches aren't helping much at this point.

Help!

Richard in Michigan