[LRflex] Re: An Oddball Query - for a good purpose

Hi Richard,

I don't think this is "exactly" what you're looking for, but I recall receiving
a small medallion in connection with a Leica purchase I made 20+ years ago --
don't recall what exactly, though -- possibly an M4P body.  I just searched a
bit and found this:
<http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=952618>

It is an Oskar Barnack medal sold by Christie's in 1998 for the equivalent of
$56.  It looks very much like the one I recall.  Unfortunately, mine is 800+
miles away from me right now.  If I recall correctly, mine is probably a brass
medallion.

My point is that there were items similar to what you seek and by searching for
Oskar Barnack medals or medallions, you just might run across one.  Or, others
on the list may also have received one they'd be willing to part with.

Best,
Brian