[LRflex] Re: Age-Experience Dilemma :{

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

With any luck at all, you'll find an instructor who'll be helpful in that
respect.

You can often contact the instructor before signing up (at least here their
phone numbers are even on the web page describing the course), so if you want
to ask first about any special needs, do so.

Classes are usually fairly small: Unless you have the bad luck of ending up in
one which has in effect become an ongoing social club with the same people
repeatedly attending (a minority, though it did happen to me once), people will
probably be friendly and helpful.

Chris

________________________________
From: Kevin Willey <kevinwilley@xxxxxx>

Question:  are any of you aware of a specially recognized BW film workshop?
I'd like to shoot my Hasselblad 500CM and my Leica R8.  Obviously, I want to
avoid a class full of Canon/Nikon/Sony full frame digital shooters based upon
my assumption that I will be much, much slower than them because of the
different formats and automation.  So, I will scour the internet for a BW film
shooting trip/workshop.  But I thought I would bounce this off you pros as
well.

PS:  looking for a recommendation on a wide angle R-lens?  Will likely buy off
eBay.  Erwin Puts is not too enthusiastic about the R Elmarit F2.8/24mm
compared to other Leica lens.