[LRflex] Re: Age-Experience Dilemma :{

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:06:09 -0700 (PDT)

In Germany, if you live in/near a largish city, look at the
localVolkshochschüle offerings.

The one where I live still offers courses dedicated to analogue & B&W
photography.

I love the 19mm second version, but it's not cheap, even used.

Chris

________________________________
From: Kevin Willey <kevinwilley@xxxxxx>

Question:  are any of you aware of a specially recognized BW film workshop?
I'd like to shoot my Hasselblad 500CM and my Leica R8.  Obviously, I want to
avoid a class full of Canon/Nikon/Sony full frame digital shooters based upon
my assumption that I will be much, much slower than them because of the
different formats and automation.  So, I will scour the internet for a BW film
shooting trip/workshop.  But I thought I would bounce this off you pros as
well.

PS:  looking for a recommendation on a wide angle R-lens?  Will likely buy off
eBay.  Erwin Puts is not too enthusiastic about the R Elmarit F2.8/24mm
compared to other Leica lens.