[LRFlex] Adventures at 32 Below

  • From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:27:57 -0500

David -- I don't think I'VE ever been at 32 below (Celsius or Fahrenheit), much
less my cameras!  That's serious frostbite weather, especially if you're
touching the camera with bare hands at all.  I'm impressed the R8 worked as
well as it did; as you point out, extreme cold can just shut down electronic
cameras.  I take it you had no trouble with tearing of the film or static
electricity?  Even with a "winterized" camera those are the things I'd be
concerned about, along with fogging of the glass from my breath.

Nick
(in relatively balmy Connecticut)

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.