[LRFlex] Re: Adventures at 32 Below...

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:20:31 -0500

Haven't tried them but for cold weather and to avoid getting frostbite again, I use a pair of electric gloves which have a single D cell on the outside wrist of each glove.

I got frostbite shooting this 11x14 almost two years ago.
http://www.hemenway.com/11x14/images/TwistedTree-Symmar-S-360mm.jpg

The frostbite has "gone away" each summer but returns in the fall... so it's worth the little bit of battery weight to avoid more of it.

http://twomorrowssupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TMS&Category_Code=ACC

or http://tinyurl.com/3og9a

They also have other types of heated gloves and mittens as well.

Jim

S Gardner wrote:

BTW, has anyone tried the 'breath' gloves? Saw them in a store and the instructions said something like, "Open port. Exhale into port three times. Close port. Enjoy warm hands" or something like that.
Warmly/Scott Gardner

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm