Re: Purple-hull peas

  • From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:08:32 -0500

They are  kinda like Black-eyed peas, but cook up more tender.  I lived on
them one summer in college and still love them.

Cook them for about 30 minutes  with some onion and some ham or bacon.  and
about a cup of water.

Look here for more.  http://www.purplehull.com/growingpeas.htm

On 4/28/07, Carstensen Charles <chas3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I love peas.

But, where are they?

On Apr 28, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> I went down-town today to the first green market of the season and
> had some of David's home-made icecream with fresh strawberries in it.
>
> I took a few pictures, and chatted up some friends.
>
> Then I bought some shelled purple-hulled peas, and a  free-range
> chicken, already smoked.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com