Re: A visit to Lakeview New Orleans

  • From: jshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:46:32 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Sonny,

I drove through Lakeview last month and saw how incomplete the recovery was in that area.  It was shocking.  Along Robert E. Lee Boulevard and back into the neighborhoods both in Lakeshore and Lakeview it still looked like the Gentilly neighborhoods did when I drove through New Orleans about 2 months after the storm.  There are FEMA trailers now and some recovery but not at all what you would expect.  Very disheartening and hard to take and I never lived there.

I'm glad you found your old house intact.  I can't imagine the mix of feelings.

Thanks for the photos.

John