A visit to Lakeview New Orleans

  • From: SonC@xxxxxxx
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:23:41 EST

This past weekend, I helped my son move back to  New Orleans.  He has taken a
job at the Marriott Hotel on Canal  Street.

It was my first time back since Hurricane Katrina.   Saturday Night we
watched the football game where a well-coached New Orleans  Saints played an
outstanding game against some team from up Nawth.  I went  to a pizza place to
pick
up food for the people who had helped unload the  U-haul, just as we made the
first touchdown.  The whole place erupted with  joyful cheers.  It was nice;
seemed like the good old days.

Saturday  morning, I went to Lakeview, one of the areas most devastated by
the storm, and  my home for many years.   Here's a little essay, along with my
apologies to anyone with a slow connection.

http://www.sonc.com/lakeview_new_orleans.htm

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com