[korgypark] Re: Portamento or glessando

  • From: "Janne Simonen" <janne.simonen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:26:12 +0200

Hi guys,

Can't you just fake it by programming pitch bends? No, it's not
convenient but it should sound exactly right if you take some time to
hit the right pitches.

Of course real men set the pitch bender range to +-12 steps and then
play the portamento live. Might take some practice though :)

If I recall, David Kelly's song Sonic Surfing on Korgy Park does
something like this, or at least it sounds like portamento. Can't
check since I'm still 500 km from my Korg...

-Janne - Webmaster of Korgy Park