[klaatumail] Re: Fwd: Fw: How Big is Walmart?

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:18:14 +0000

> In the case of Yusuf Islam, I don't think
> there's any credible evidence linking him
> to terrorism.

I suppose that depends on your personal definition of terrorism.

Yusuf Islam has publicly stated that Salman Rushdie should be killed for
writing The Satanic Verses because that offends Allah.

#1, That, to me, is using the threat of murder to silence someone you disagree
with, which, to me, is the entire point of terrorism. Make you afraid and you
won't oppose me.  Fill you with terror and you won't oppose me. Scare you, and
you won't oppose me.

#2, The whole, "it offends Allah" reason behind such murders is absurd. Allah
is an all powerful being according to Islam. Therefore, he can take his revenge
or retribution directly and doesn't need humans to kill in his name.  This
betrays the underlying purpose for such actions is more to strike terror than
to exact retribution.

So again, in my eyes, you've failed to adequately plead your case.

Dave