[klaatumail] From the "Easily Amused File" LOL - No KK

  • From: A F <tnshell40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Klaatu Email <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:48:47 -0700 (PDT)

While doing a usual seek for any good music on CD/LP at the local good wills I
happened upon an old flyer of Elektra's " '67 Catalog" announcing what is
available and new releases.  It is practically in mint shape (Except for a
minor dog ear fold on the front - paper is mint).  Has all the information for
the Mono/Stereo releases and how to tell the numbers apart (EKL vs the EKS -
etc...).  I can only assume these prices may have been at cost?  It breaks them
down via series and mono and stereo release (stereo usually a dollar more
depending on the number).

The EKL4000 series is $3.79 Mono and $4.79 Stereo.  The 5000 series is $5.79
Mono or Stereo.  Bonus packs (two lp's for the price of one) are $4.79.
Samplers for 2.00 (Some SFX 2.79) while the left over Folksong '65 was only a
$1.00.

I get a kick out of seeing Judy Collins "new" album as being In My Life and
Love's Da Capo has the asterisk announcing it is a new release.  I did get a
giggle at the two Beatle ca$h in's:

THE BAROQUE BEATLE BOOK:  The Baroque Ensemble of the Merseyside
Kammermusik-Gesellschaft, Conducted by Joshua Rifkin
and
BEATLE COUNTRY: The Charles River Valley Boys
(this is a new release)

The only countrified Beatle song I really ever listened to was John Denvers
"Mother Natures Son".

<Sarcasm>

Oh and then there is this mention of a new group releasing their self titled
debut.  The group is called The Doors, anyone know what ever became of them?

</sarcasm>

LOL

The Doors Mono EKL-4007 / Stereo EKS-74007

We now return you to your regular scheduled Klaatu mailing list!

Alex
"My name is Alex and I approve this post"

http://www.youtube.com/user/100dollarklaatubid