[kismac] Re: insomnia

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:01:33 +0800

Glad you like it!  Two (metaphorical) words of advice:

1) for best results, you should browse the area where you intend to drive in Google Earth before you go out driving: that will load imagery for that area into Google Earth's disk cache so you have something to look at when driving.

2) get someone else to drive! In my experience it's quite fun to look at, and can be dangerously distracting (especially as it moves and tilts to "follow" your car), so definitely not safe for the driver to use. In a plane it's a bit of a different story, at least while the autopilot is engaged, but I wouldn't recommend looking at it while landing. :)

Cheers,
Robin

Robin,
  Very cool setup.  Looking forward to driving in the car with it to
see what it does at speed.

John

On 5/9/06, Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Well, it's 3am and I'm still awake... but my loss of sleep is your gain!

http://robin.darroch.id.au/gps2geX.tgz

(you will need gpsd installed on your system - if you don't have it,
download the installer from http://robin.darroch.id.au/gpsdX.dmg.gz)

(you will also need Google Earth installed on your system - visit
http://earth.google.com to get it)

Have fun, and good night!

  Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
       robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx