[kismac] Wireless Driver with KisMac and Tiger; 2 latest Tiger Fixes

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wirelessdriver-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wirelessdriver-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:53:12 -0500

A person going by the name of "modrak" has posted a fix for the Wireless Driver to allow use with Kismac in Tiger, along with instructions at

http://www.netstumbler.org/archive/index.php/t-15852.html
and
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1219280&group_id=34453&atid=411312

These web pages contain a link to a binary (http://3web.dkm.cz/modrak/WirelessDriver.kext.zip) and he/she offered to share source code. I tried to email to request this version of the source code, but could only guess at the email address and my message failed, so I post publicly hoping he/she is on the forums.

Antoine, you might want to note for your "little guide to MAC address customization" that this "modrak" version indicates it allows the Mac Address to be set in Tiger. (I didn't test it yet because I just got Tiger and am having an issue with the official Beta 6 (which I decided to try first) not recognizing my card even though it did in Jaguar.)

Narita Susumu also posted a bug fix at http://homepage.mac.com/mindtools/WirelessCard.zip to correct "[ 933643 ] Kernel Pnic after Kick Out"

I hope both the modrak and susumu fixes can be brought together into the main code in cvs.