[kismac] Re: Wireless Driver with KisMac and Tiger; 2 latest Tiger Fixes

  • From: Gerry <curioushacker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:44:39 -0700

hey JN,

i was searching thru the freelists archives and saw an old (2003) post from you about getting the demarctech or senoa cards to work with the sourceforge driver.

this is kind of relevant to me now that the sf driver supposedly works with tiger, and i have a shiny new prism 2.5 demarctech card.

were you ever able to get your card to work with the sf driver? mine outputs the same as yours did:

| | | "VersionOneInfo" = (" ","IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN/PC Card","")
| | | +-o pccardd601,5@0,0 <class IOPCCard16Device, registered, matched, active, busy 0, r$
| | | "IOName" = "pccardd601,5"

i tried to add it to:

/System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

but no dice, my card does not show up in ifconfig either.

any help would be appreciated!

Gerry Koh | 415.608.9777

PGP Fingerprint: 55B3 2CD2 12F8 4B1D 5EC5 E1B2 BD74 B642 879B 0F17

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

On Aug 15, 2005, at 10:53 PM, Java Nut wrote:

A person going by the name of "modrak" has posted a fix for the Wireless Driver to allow use with Kismac in Tiger, along with instructions at

http://www.netstumbler.org/archive/index.php/t-15852.html
and
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=1219280&group_id=34453&atid=411312

These web pages contain a link to a binary (http://3web.dkm.cz/ modrak/WirelessDriver.kext.zip) and he/she offered to share source code. I tried to email to request this version of the source code, but could only guess at the email address and my message failed, so I post publicly hoping he/she is on the forums.

Antoine, you might want to note for your "little guide to MAC address customization" that this "modrak" version indicates it allows the Mac Address to be set in Tiger. (I didn't test it yet because I just got Tiger and am having an issue with the official Beta 6 (which I decided to try first) not recognizing my card even though it did in Jaguar.)

Narita Susumu also posted a bug fix at http://homepage.mac.com/ mindtools/WirelessCard.zip to correct "[ 933643 ] Kernel Pnic after Kick Out"

I hope both the modrak and susumu fixes can be brought together into the main code in cvs.